For me, I’ve been fortunate to have one of the happiest dogs on the planet. Bitsy is a bundle of love and affection and seems to thrive on simply being around me.
I was reading an article in my facebook news feed the other day – http://www.eukanuba.com/dog-articles/puppy/happy-puppy – and while I’d never use Eukanuba (we’re a purely organic household) – they had some cute ideas.
The things I’ve come to find make my dog happiest are:
- Spending time with me — sometimes I call her my little shadow.
- Going to Home Depot – they let us shop together. And she doesn’t rush me through the hardware section… so that makes both of us happy… especially when I can’t find what I’m looking for.
- Going on roadtrips — the wind blowing back her ears and all the fun smells really seem to make her tail wag.
- Learning — she’s a really smart pup – so when I play games with her and teach her new words, like “frisbee” instead of “ball” and we play fetch, I know she’s fully engaged.
- Leaving the lights on when I’m not home — it could be that it’s this time of year, but she really does better when I’m out later and leave on a few more lights. I know they say dogs have great vision, but I feel like leaving on a few extra lights makes her calmer when she’s home alone.
So, that’s all for today. What do you think makes your dog happiest?